Friday, October 19, 2018

Top 18 questions in philosophy


Photo source: Wikimedia Commons, Georges Noblet
Photo license: CC BY-SA 2.5

This post is a ranking of what I believe are the most important questions in philosophy. I define philosophy as the study of the fundamental nature.
  1. Why is there something rather than nothing?
  2. What am I?
  3. What is the meaning of life?
  4. Why does good feel good?
  5. Why does suffering exist?
  6. Does God exist?
  7. Do people have free will?
  8. How does consciousness work?
  9. Is everything made out of matter?
  10. Do people have souls?
  11. What happens after death?
  12. How do reasons support a belief?
  13. What can you know with absolute certainty?
  14. Can reality exist without a conscious observer?
  15. Are other people conscious?
  16. Why am I me and not somebody else?
  17. Why is it now and not some other time?
  18. Are inanimate objects conscious?

License: CC BY-SA 4.0