Sunday, July 15, 2018

What is God?


Photo source: Wikimedia Commons, William Blake

What is God? Here is my definition:
God is a conscious being who created reality
I believe that something created or caused our reality. It's hard to imagine how reality always existed and didn't need to be created. But it's also inexplicable to think about what created the creator. I believe that the most plausible explanation is that whatever created our reality must have been completely magical and not subject the same rules as us.

I also believe that the creator is conscious. I believe that everything that exists in reality (including consciousness) must have existed within the creator somehow. For this reason, I believe that only a conscious creator could create consciousness, rather than an unconscious creator.

License: CC BY-SA 4.0