Sunday, July 19, 2020

Jeff Koons and art appreciation

Jeff Koons (1955-now) is an American artist best known for his contributions to conceptual art and pop art. Wikipedia says,
"Jeff Koons is... recognized for his work dealing with popular culture and his sculptures depicting everyday objects, including balloon animals - produced in stainless steel with mirror finish surfaces." (Wikipedia: Jeff Koons, 8.9.21 UTC 20:02)
The rest of this post is some quotes from Koons.

Art appreciation


"Art is something that happens inside us. We look at things in the world, and we become excited by them. We understand our own possibilities of becoming. And that's what art is." (AZQuotes.com)

"My process of being inspired is very intuitive. I'm constantly following my interest." (AZQuotes.com)

"I like to look at everything and appreciate seeing the different things that have meaning to people." (AZQuotes.com)

"Art is about profundity. It's about connecting to everything that it means to be alive, but you have to act." (AZQuotes.com)

"The moment we live in is a great time to make art. We have different technologies to play with, and we're left with the opportunity to focus on our work." (AZQuotes.com)

"I enjoy all mediums, and I have to say, music is the medium that first made me understand how powerful art could be." (AZQuotes.com)